How Long Should I Hang From An Inversion Table
Before you ask yourself how long should I hang from an inversion table, you will need to find out from your doctor if you are able to go onto an inversion table.
Once you have your doctors permission, let’s go step by step on how to get the most out of your inversion table and about how long would be appropriate to be on it.
How to start out using an inversion table
When you start out on an inversion table you shouldn’t ask yourself “how long should I hang from an inversion table”, you should ask yourself “how long would I feel comfortable” on an inversion table.
You’ll want to start off slow to make sure your body can handle going upside down and make sure your doctor is ok with you using an inversion table.
Here is a schedule to help you get started on the inversion table:
Week 1 – 3
- Use inversion table every other day
- Use in the morning for 1 minute and the least amount of incline and use at night for 1 minute at the least amount of incline
- Make sure your body feels ok after using the inversion table. If you are really sore the next day, do not increase your time or incline until you feel good the next after using it.
Week 4 – 6
- Use inversion table 5 days a week
- Use in the morning and evening for 2 minutes each time on the lowest incline
- Make sure your body feel ok after using the inversion table. Do not increase your time until you feel good and not sore after using it.
Week 7 – 9
- At this point, if your body feels good after using it you can increase your incline and try it at 1 minute at a time. Again try and make sure your body can handle the steeper incline.
- Once your body can handle the steeper incline, you can increase your time on the inversion table up to 2 minutes.
You really need to listen to your body on how long and how much of an incline you should use on your inversion table. Remember to start off slow and work your way up to where you want to be.
You will also notice that the more you use your inversion table, the more your body will start to relax on it. Once your body can fully relax on the inversion table, you will be able to get a much better stretch and make recovery time much quicker.
If at any point your body is starting to get sore from using it, start decreasing either the incline, time on the inversion table or the frequency in which you use it. I believe that you will eventually find a good schedule in which the time, frequency and incline work best for you.
As you can see it’s not weather you should ask yourself “how long should I hang from an inversion table” but it’s what do I need to do to get my body safely used to using the inversion table.